Hi! my name is Gil Mizrahi. I am a software developer with special interest in typed functional languages with focus on useful, real-world software.
I enjoy working on compilers, games, concurrent and network applications, as well as teaching and sharing my knowledge and experience. In my blog I write about programming and about Haskell with the purpose of making complex topics more accessible.
Feel free to reach out to me on twitter or via e-mail (linked above).
Some of my notable open-source projects are:
Nyx-game is a bullet-hell shoot-'em-up game written in Haskell using sdl2.
bulletin-app is a bulletin board website written in Haskell.
Logi is a logic programming language inspired by datalog.
msg is a chat server and a web client written in Haskell and PureScript respectively.
Some of my notable articles and tutorials are:
- Learn Haskell by building a blog generator is a project-oriented, online, and free Haskell book.
- Haskell study plan is an opinionated list of resources for learning Haskell.
- Building a bulletin board using twain and friends is a tutorial for the twain web framework.
- Giml's type inference engine is a tutorial on unification-based constraint solving as implemented in Giml.
- Purely functional games describes my experience building a bullet-hell game in Haskell.